We’re half-way through the week and I’m feeling the need to count my blessings, so here goes:
1. Drinking tea in the sun, and using the tea cozy I knitted from irreplaceable, ridiculously precious mum-spun wool, and knitting Mad Hatter socks. (there you go, a very early sneak preview!)
Every year or so, I give up coffee… after a few months I’m back on it again, wondering why my anxiety levels have gone through the roof… blaming everything except the coffee! Two days ago I gave up coffee again and am getting much use out of my tea pots and cozies. Two weeks ago KB gave up sugar and we now know who keeps the house stocked with chocolate because since she gave it up our cupboards have been bare…
2. Hooking and giving a Queen Annes lace scarf as a birthday gift to a wonderful mentor and having the opportunity, in a card made by KB to tell her what a profound impact she has had on my life in the last seven months and how her wisdom, experience and general way of being has influenced me as a counsellor and how lucky I feel to have that so early in my career…
3. Unwrapping a package that arrived from Vintage Purls… oh joy! My Zauberball! It is gorgeous and is going to make the best socks ever!
4. Taking a particularly gorgeous shot of Raymond… I know the die-hard Raymond fans out there might tell me off for saying this, but only about 1 in 10 photos of him are blogworthy… he usually has sleep in his eyes, a grumpy look on his face or jumps out of the shot as I’m taking it, but this one, well, its cat perfection!
5. And last but NOT least, reading all of your lovely comments about my socks! Thank you! So much kindness pouring into my life, lucky me!!!
The little things can often be forgotten I find, I’d love to hear the little things that have made you smile this week, I love how pleasure is contagious!
Speaking of pleasure, I have to run, I’m two rows into a lush cowl knitted in Cascade 220 superwash, it’s freezing here and this morning I had to borrow a scarf and mitts from KB because nothing I owned matched anything else…. a knitter/hooker borrowing scarves? Theres something wrong with that, winter has crept up too fast!
See you soon!
Love Alice and Raymond XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX