How are you all doing this weekend?! I hope you’re all well…. I make a point of banishing all media from my home, but when I was at work yesterday I heard on the radio that Scotland is having terribly cold weather and it is snowing like crazy over there…. Is this true Scottish bloggers? Gosh that’s early…. however, Summer seems to have come early on this end of the planet and *WOW* winter has disappeared from my consciousness! It’s like we never had it and are living in an eternal summer… it’s fascinating to watch the rhythms of the earth change over time.
Lucky meeeeeeeeee…. (again)….. I was awarded for the THIRD time this week, the “beautiful blog” award, this time by Robin from My nest of yarn and buttons (thank you! And thank you to the darlings who awarded it to me who I mentioned in the last post too!) Ooh… make sure you pop over to Robins as I just saw that she has made a Granny Tea Cozy. And it’s gorgeous! I’ve been dying for someone to make one, so thank you Robin! Great work!
So back to the award… I don’t know how to put the picture up on mine, so I’ll have to skip to the second bit. 10 things about me….. this is the scary bit….. But I quite like reading little bits about my blog friends, so I’m sure my blog friends would like to read a little bit about me, so here goes!!!
1. I’m quite shy. I can already hear the few friends of mine who read this snort loudly with laughter and say “you are not!” But it’s true…. quite shy and have been probably since I was a teenager…… I hide it quite well though….
Ummmmmmmmmm….. this is ridiculous…. I’m getting writer’s block….
2. My favourite foods are anything involving chick peas and pretty much any type of cake except the lemony or orangey ones… but if they have icing I’ll eat them too…..
3. I have two younger sisters, Sarah aged 28 and Ruth aged 25 and I boss them around chronically.
4. I’m passionate about natural healing and practice crystal healing and Reiki… I’m a Reiki Master which means I’m qualified to teach and attune people through the four levels of Reiki… I love it and the changes it has brought into my life since I had my first attunement in 2004 are beyond imagining….
5. Some of you may know this, but I am just finishing my second year of a degree in Counselling…. I decided to do this degree to complement my natural healing in a mind body spirit way, but now that I am immersed in working in Mental Health, I’m loving it and have lost all direction and purpose in life!
6. I went skinny dipping in the Ocean at the very very tip of the North Island at a beach called Spirits Bay two years ago…. Spirits Bay is where the spirits of people who have passed over leave the Earth for Heaven… and is an amazingly beautiful and sacred spot.
7. In order to entice my beloved KB out on a first date with me, I rang her up and asked her if she would like to go tree hugging at the Botanical Gardens. How could you say no to an invite like that?!
8. I suffered from a nasty bout of depression from age 17-24…. If only I had discovered crochet back then, my life would probably be quite different!
9. At age 20 I realised that I was a lesbian. When I told my Mum she said “well, I had three daughters, I expected one of you to be…” *THANK YOU* Mum….. that one statement made you the best Mum ever and I am so grateful to you for being so accepting. There are so many people in the world who are against gay people, which can make society an uncomfortable place for us to live in and I’m lucky to have such an accepting family…. I have learned over the last 10 years what discrimination can look like, so now never take for granted the beautiful accepting people in the world. *Love* to you, accepting peoples!
10. I love New Zealand, oh how I love the country I was born in, it is the most amazing place ever and I hope that many of my blog friends make it here to enjoy to perfection that is this place! I’m passionate about preserving the land…. I pulled a picture from the archives of me at a protest this year which occured when our new Prime Minister declared it was time to start mining our national parks….. Yes, because that’s a great idea……
The Government said “mine” and New Zealand said “ours” and from this small protest in Wellington came New Zealand’s biggest protest ever in Auckland a few weeks later… since then, not a peep from the Government. Good stuff New Zealand! (Papatuanuku means Earth BTW)
OK then, well that’s me…. I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a bit better…. A big part of me wants to delete this draft but I’m going to close my eyes and hit publish!
Now I’m meant to pass this on, but as I couldn’t get the picture off other blogs, I’m going to pass it on in spirit and tell you about three blogs I love! Make sure you go and visit them! And for these three bloggers, if you can work out how to get the picture from Robin’s blog onto yours, do it!!!!!
OK. Louise at Gephart836 you are a lovely soul and I love that you were one of my first two blog friends, you’re the best XXXX
Jenni from Baame Kniits you are my other first blog friend, thank you for the lovely support and kind words you write on every single post, I love and appreciate it heaps XXX
Lastly but not leastly, my new friend Wei Siew who is not only my friend but also a fellow Wellingtonian blogger at Kiwiyarns Knits…. Wei Siew is a master hat knitter and posts many amazing patterns for free on her lovely blog, plus, she is an expert on New Zealand wool and her blog is just fascinating. Jenni, you’ll love it, make sure you go and introduce yourself! Wei Siew is the lovely lady who sold me the Perendale wool a few weeks ago and is a terrible enabler… I’m concerned that I may need to set up an AP into her account as she has the best taste in wool and sells it at such great prices! Thank you Wei Siew!!!
OK, I’m off, I have knitting to do and chocolate to eat… plus a terribly grumpy mood to sleep off! Pop in tomorrow won’t you! I’m posting my finished Raglan Sweater knitted with some of the Perendale I just mentioned! It’s very cute! See you then….
Lots and lots of love from Alice and Raymond XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx
p.s All photos except the protest pic were taken from the same spot at our last home in the Far North pictured below. It was pure magic as you can see. I’m feeling a bit homesick posting these pics! XXX